Inserting images into a WordPress blog post
Adding images to your post.
You will need to have
- Set up a wordpress.com account
- Edited a blog post
- Find a blog post that you want to add an image to.
- Click ‘Edit Post’
- You need to move the cursor to where you want to put the image, there are two ways to do this.
- Click the mouse onto the page where you would like to put the image and pressing the space bar.
- Move the cursor up and down the post by using the arrow keys on the keyboard. When it is where you want it to be, press the space bar to create a space in the page.
- Check to make sure that the cursor is flashing where you would like it to be.
- Just above the space that you are writing in, to the right of the words ‘upload/insert’ are a set of buttons, these can be used to put different media into your post.
- Click on the rectangle button, circled below.
- Click on the ‘Select Files’ button.
- Find the image that you want to put on your page and click ‘open’.
- Move down to the bottom of this window.
- Choose where you would like the image to be placed on the page, and how big you would like it to be by ticking the ‘Alignment’ and ‘Size’ boxes.
- When you have done this click on the ‘Insert into Post’ button.
- Click on the blue ‘Update’ button to save your changes.
- Click on the link to view your blog. It is at the top left of the page. It will look like this but have the name of your blog.